According to Regulation 7 (1) (a) of the said regulation, the employer or self-employed person should do an assessment of the building he / she owns or rent.

This means that if you rent the property you, as lessee, must have an asbestos register on the premises. To compile the register, an assessment must be done. The assessment consist of a visual inspection of the premises. Samples will be taken of possible asbestos products for analysis by authorised companies.

Once we know what is asbestos, a register will be compiled. Only then do you comply to the asbestos regulations.

Do you have an asbestos register? If not, contact us at 021 870 1266 or to assist you.